The 4K/UHD podcast is back again. All of this is available in UHD on YouTube by searching “Glossy Podcast” or as an MP3 on iTunes by searching “Glossy News”.
Here are just some of the topics covered in the the August 1st, 2016 edition.
* Are RV rentals the cheapest way to travel? The answer may surprise you in that, no, no they aren’t. They are absurdly expensive. Forget it. Rent a Cadillac and stay in hotels instead and have a much better, much cheaper trip.
* Exclusive interview with real life pirates from the Emerald Shark, docked in Buena Park, California. These guys may seem like they are just performers at Pirate’s Adventure Dinner (cousin show to Medieval Times) but they are in fact very serious and hardcore, as this interview shows. Read more 4K Glossy News Podcast 054 (8-1-16) ›
Scientists have warned that our visual world will almost certainly revert to monochrome, or black-and-white, within the next five to ten years.
Those who have viewed photographs, films or television recordings made during the early or mid 20th century, will have seen the achromatic world in which people then lived. Those alive at the time will recall the gradual emergence of colour, from the late 1950s to the early 1970s, that finally led to the rainbow-hued spectrum with which we are now familiar.Read more Visual World To Revert To Black-and-White ›
This is a book review of Rfreed’s novel ‘9/12/2001.’ Full disclosure: Rfreed and I have both published prolifically here at Glossy News.
The novel has been serialized, whether as a whole or in part, at Glossy News AND Neocon Surveillance. Eventually, there will be two full serials of this interesting work.
Rfreed’s 9/12/2001, like so many speculative fiction and alternate history novels, can be boiled down to one clean and simple (if also staggeringly vast) question and thought experiment: Read more Rfreed’s Novel: 9/12/2001 ›
Celibacy is a real problem for many autistic males. You don’t get to hear about it much because the powers that be only publicizes writings of successful autistics like Stephen Shore who can get married and Temple Grandin, a female who claims to be celibate by choice. The problems of the invisible autistic adult are ignored and people act like autistics remain Peter Pans.
The 4K/UHD podcast is back again this week with guest hosting special thanks to Ty The Voice guy from www.tythevoiceguy.webs.com – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAD-bZYukrAef732gxP84NA
All of this is available in UHD on YouTube by searching “Glossy Podcast” or as an MP3 on iTunes by searching “Glossy News”.
Here are just some of the topics covered in the the July 25th, 2016 edition.
* Netflix would be WAY better if it had a preview channel. Not just offering a trailer here and there, but an unending stream of trailers based first on your suggested videos, then expanding to show all sorts of things. Allow us to give the thumbs up or down, or add it to our playlist. So much better than just trying to filter through everything.
* How high do professional fireworks shows go up in the air? The answer may surprise you, or more likely, just confuse you, since the numbers only sort of make sense anyhow and there’s math involved. Plus you’d have to know what fireworks they’re actually using.
* Exclusive telephone interview with Bill Clinton!!! He dishes about the upcoming election and shares his thoughts on the candidates and who you should vote for.
* Meet the man with a real life super power of finding and controlling the natural behavior of mosquitoes.
* Why in the heck does the History Channel insist on measuring everything in football fields and Olympic Swimming pools? It’s confusing at best, but more likely, just a bit dishonest. They SAY football fields, but they want us to THINK football stadiums. It makes it sound bigger than it is. Just give me the facts, man.
Listen to it
Or you can download it by right-clicking and selecting “save as” right here. It’s also available on iTunes.
The end of David Cameron’s tenure as Prime Minister was a hectic one to say the least. With the country practically imploding after Brexit, Cameron had to take the blame for the emerging crisis. But when Cameron started humming a tune after his resignation speech (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gz6mZYxS0A) it made matters more amusing, but also sent the internet and media into a craze of wild guesses: what was Cameron humming?