Categorized | Television

Shepard Smith to Leave FOX News Over Harassment?

Shepard Smith to Leave FOX News Over Harassment?

Shepard Smith, long time Fox News Anchor and deeply closeted homosexual, announced today that he will be leaving the Republican broadcasting network at the end of his current contract.

Sometimes considered the only voice of reason on the network, his departure will further sully the image of America’s leading satire television news channel, leaving only The 700 Club to fill the comedy void.

RIGHT: Shep Smith sounds off with a quote from a know-nothing about which he knows nothing, as if it means something, which it didn’t and doesn’t. (CLICK PHOTO TO ENLARGE)

» Discuss this story on Reddit!

The reasons behind his departure have been reported ranging from dissatisfaction with his salary, to incompatibility with other network anchors, to “an incident with that David from accounting,” though no definitive reason has been offered.

Several people who have close ties to Smith have put forward another reason.

Since Smith joined FOX, his main function was to anchor the news, as opposed to providing commentary. He has been continually faced with having to defend statements that originate in other FOX News programs as fact, even when he finds them incomprehensible, ludicrous and bordering on illegal.

This constant divide between reality and the pseudo-facts of the right-leaning staff on other programs has caused a rift in his ability to maintain any level of dignity, let alone sanity. He recently learned that several of the fiction writers on the other programs were intentionally designing absurd “facts” for Smith to later proclaim as true, just to annoy him.

He has told several close friends that this harassment is way beyond what a reasonable person would be able to tolerate and “[that he] was going to completely lose it toot sweet,” though he failed to explain that odd colloquialism.

While Glossy News cannot confirm as of news time if this theory is accurate, we do know that the sources of the information are credible, although our reporter on the scene insists they are unappealing to look at, and that he totally did not sleep with him or her or them to get the information.

At some point we expect a statement from the network regarding the expected departure of Mr. Smith, and we expect it to be handled with all the candor, earnestness and integrity for which FOX News is best known.

I like finding the humor in politics. Sometimes what you hear isn't that far from the bizarre.

26 Responses to “Shepard Smith to Leave FOX News Over Harassment?”

I used to hate Shep for being such a crony, but he’s turned on his masters so many times it’s no longer funny, it’s satisfying… quite satisfying.

You, Mr. Smith, have my vote of approval.

2. CJA says:

Toot sweet or “toute suite/toute de suite” is French.

3. Fred Mertz says:

This entire piece of crap is not satire.

4. Joseph says:

I for one would like to say that the network blou the opportunity to make smith into the next Chet Huntley and or the next David Brinkley but your to stupid to even know who I am talking about or may be he could have been the next Walter Kronkite but you let your news room turn into a joke a comedy but with no purpose but to make him look bad so you loose and I will watch only to see you make John stossle into another blithering idiot with the news I notice you do not do this kind of comedy with Bill O’Riely what is stopping you ?

5. Carol Harris King says:

I love Shepard Smith. No bs.

6. Gayle says:

I would say something is up, as he is off his two shows more than he is hosting them anymore. It is almost like they should announce “with occasional appearances by Shepard Smith”.
    When he isn’t there, I turn the channel.

7. Sally Khan says:

I hope that this rumor is not true. I don't want to see Shep leaving but if this harassment is true than I don't blame him. why in the hell can't they just leave him alone and let him do he's job. Shep is the best and a joy to watch again I hope that this stupid rumor is not true. just stop the damn harassment no body deserves that.

8. Kathleen Chomiszak says:

I agree Sally. What ever happened to live and let live???

9. This article is laughable!!

Thank you! That's the objective, naturally.

11. Billy Gulley says:

no matter what shepard does with his life hes the best news broad caster in the bussiness.

Yep, I agree. No one can cast news broads better than ole Shep.

I admire his morals. While many just read the prompter, he often deviates from the script to tell it like it is. It takes gravitas to do that and I hope he's rewarded for his honesty and earnestness.

14. Please Stay

Estelle

15. Fox will not miss Shep.

16. Jay Geeo says:

He annoys me to no end, I hate his unnecessary personal comments and over caffeinated style of delivering his lines, he's more suitable to enews or tmz channels

17. Anonymous says:

When Sheppard was covering a hurricane once he pretty much lost it and was mubbling nonsense.. Today on FOX he lost it.

I've seen him reporting the news and he does a good job, but to simply loose it like that is not a National news anchor that we need to have.

I don't even see how his "personal views" could have affected his loosing it… If I had been Fox, I would have fired him over the first one, no doubt today we would have been fired as well.

It is this accepting less because someone is a homosexual, a minority, or a opposite sex.

Smith needs to be fired over his loose canon behaviors.

18. valerie says:

Shep is one of the best. fox will lose a lot
    Of viewers. I wish him the best. O ‘reilly and his
    Big mouth should leave. We have had enough.

19. what the helll do you know. He is a good reporter and a nice man unlike some of the other bozos Fox puts forward

20. Don Holmer says:

ever watch msnbc? that's pretty comical stuff over there TOO!

21. Glad he's gone, he's a smart mouth punk!

22. Yes Michael, that was Hurricane Katrina. He was all F'ked up that day blabbering and jabbering all kinds of BS.

23. This hand wringer can't leave soon enough for me. He almost started crying the other day that "They're just children". If their family didn't care enough about them to keep them close, why should we. Make their visit as short as possible.

24. Brian White : What morals? Do you know what morals are? How about amoral.

25. Stacie Stevens Markham says:

Two years later and he's still there. I guess this website is satire? Thank God for fox news. The msm doesn't bother to report all of the lies pouring out of the WH. Guess that puts a little kink in your socialist agenda? If you hate living in a democracy and would prefer a monarchy you could always move to some other corner of our brilliant little world.