Satirists To Decide Comedic Value of Breadsticks

Satirists To Decide Comedic Value of Breadsticks

WILLOW GROVE, PENN. Satirists are gathering at a conference titled “This Article Is An Inside Joke” in Willow Grove this weekend to decide if breadsticks are inherently funny or only so when mentioned in the same sentence as “Olive Garden”.

“Breadsticks by their nature are humorous, just mention the word breadsticks and people laugh,” said Conference Chairperson Freeman Bradley Stix.

“No, there must be a premise with proper execution or it means nothing,” responded TeeJ Nooby.

“Fresh bakery products are always a hot button issue. You’re either fir ‘em or agin ‘em, there’s no in between,” chimed Rusty Zipper.

To which RaisinCain responded “The more important question to ask, is the breadstick even there, and if not, what is it’s motivation for not being present?”.

MaximumMad added “Is this a joke or something because I’m not getting it. Why are we even discussing breadsticks OR Olive Garden, they both suck. Where in the hell is Willow Grove and who is John Galt?”

The Conference ended without a resolution.

photo credit: Dunechaser via photopin cc

The less I say the safer I'll be.

16 Responses to “Satirists To Decide Comedic Value of Breadsticks”

1. Rusty Shackleford says:

Nice.

Isn’t writing metasatire fun?

Hold on a minute while I Google “meta satire”…

Okay, I’m good.

BTW did anyone get “Bradley Stix”?

Brad Stix?

Buehler?

I hate laughing to myself…

6. I like that name, RaisinCain. But the more important questions are whether the concept of breadsticks is socially constructed and whether the phallic nature of breadsticks reinforces Western patriarchy.

You never disappoint.

8. T.J. Carter says:

I’d like to learn more about this “TeeJ Nooby” character. Sounds like the greatest person who ever lived.

I’m thinking he’s a potential conteda.

On the site for two weeks and getting referenced ahead of veterans.

Must be making some uncomfortable.

Contenda…wheres the editors when you need them?

This article was a shout out or all the dedicated contributors of this site.

Not the script editor, the spell checker…and it’s on my puter or browser. Much of the time it works well but sometimes when it doesn’t recognize it just throws in something weird. I spend as much time correcting it as I do my own mistakes.

Just ignore the spell-checker suggestions. I have to leave it in place because submissions are typically riddled with common, easy spelling errors. You don’t have to address them. Just ignore them and you’ll be fine. I promise!

14. FreeMann says:

Honored to be inspiring articles! I think you just put Willow Grove back on the map.

15. Mad Max says:

I’m actually eating at an olive garden right now. I have to admit the breadsticks are damned good! Damn you!

I haven’t eaten at an OG for several years, but if memory serves the breadsticks were excellent!