Washington outsider and regular everyman Mitch McConnell, Republican senator from Kentucky, has an ad claiming he supports big business, but does he really? Fact-Check: YES!
It turns out, true to his claims, Mitch McConnell really does stand up for mega businesses and the interests of his billionaire donors.
If you’re a billionaire donor, or billionaire potential donor, all signs say this turtle-American senator is fully for sale.
Watch it first, but below are the links and descriptions for every citation in this commercial.
He refuses to give employees the right to fair pay…
• Mitch voted against HR 2831 – Equal Pay Bill.
• and against S 2199 – Paycheck Fairness Act (and again and a third time.)
• He voted against S 181 – Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 and the S 2223 – Minimum Wage Fairness Act.
Lets you discriminate AND hire illegals without fear…
• Mitch voted against S 815 – Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2013, which would have prohibited you from hiring based on sexual orientation.
• He voted against S AMDT 4177 – Employer Verification Amendment and S Amdt 3258 – Temporary Farm Workers Amendment and S Amdt 4259 – Immigration Enforcement and Employer Sanctions Amendment which would have put you on the hook for knowingly hiring illegals.
• He even voted for S Amdt 1316 – Five Year Expiration for Guest Worker Program which made it so that “temporary” foreign workers can stay here, in your employ, for more than five years. Surely you can’t find a democrat who would permit this.
Mitch doesn’t support small business, but BIG business…
• Mitch voted against S 2569 – Bring Jobs Home Act and he did it twice.
• He voted gainst S 2237 – Small Business Jobs and Tax Relief Act and HR 5297 – Small Business Lending Fund and Tax Law Amendments
• And when it came to mega donors in the booming patent troll industry, he made sure that actual inventors were left out in the rain with his vote on HR 1249 – Patent Law Amendments
Mitch speaks the language of money, and his votes in favor of Wall Street Mega Banks prove it…
• Mitch voted against HR 4173 – Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act as well as S Amdt 3746 – Allowing States to Limit Credit Card Interest Rates.
• He worked to shut down S Amdt 3987 – Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection Termination and stop S Amdt 3989 – Debit Card Fee Regulations. This helps your too-big-to-fail bank, and brings him enough outside money to win reelection!
To hell with seniors, to heaven with big pharma…
• Mitch denied S Amdt 2107 – Authorizes Import of FDA-Approved Drugs from Canada and fought hard against citizens that the government might S Amdt 769 – Authorizes Individuals to Import FDA-Approved Drugs from Canada.
• He even fought against S Amdt 2111 – Prohibits Pharmaceutical Companies from Delaying the Release of Generic Drugs. If that doesn’t protect your mega business, nothing will!
Mitch also voted in favor of Hobby Lobby when they decided they wanted to dictate a female employee’s access to health care. S 2578 – Protect Women’s Health From Corporate Interference Act of 2014. If that doesn’t say “pro-big-business” then I guess you’ll have to take your millions in unregulated campaign contributions elsewhere. Where are you going to send them to, Grimes? She’s a woman, last I checked.