The advantages to having Amish work on your farm:
• They won’t be drunk on the job.
• They won’t be cussing or spitting.
• They won’t chase after your wife or daughter.
• They won’t come to work high on smack, crack or twack.
• They won’t be sleeping on the job.
• They won’t be slobs and leave trash around.
• If you’re missing a button, they didn’t steal it.
The disadvantages to having Amish work on your farm:
• You can’t be drunk on the job when they’re around.
• You can’t cuss or spit.
• You can’t chase after their wives or daughters.
• You can’t come to work high on, well, anything.
• You can’t sleep on the job.
• You can’t be a slob and leave trash around.
• If you’re missing a button, it’s probably because of your beer belly.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Am I the only one that has a problem with them using heavy machinery? What sorcery is this!!! A Track-Hoe is okay, but buttons be damned?
AUTHOR’S NOTE: The Amish, I believe, are forced by modern circumstances to use some heavy machinery. They have to get the job done in a certain amount of time, so that means using some modern means. The guy running the skid loader is the Amish crew leader. I asked if he’d mind if I filmed them and he said “I suppose, but we won’t pose for you.”
If you look closely you’ll also see that they are wearing Carhardts.
I was to one Amish farm where the guy had a mechanical conveyor belt for getting things into the upper part of a barn. But if you look at their normal clothes you won’t find a button, only pins. They believe buttons are unwholesome.