Categorized | Science, World News

Strange Hieroglyphics Found on Russian Meteorite

Strange Hieroglyphics Found on Russian Meteorite

Chelyabinsk, Russia – Scientists have located a large chunk of the Chelyabinsk meteorite that came crashing down in Siberia on February 15, causing injuries in this small village in the Ural region of Russia.

The fragment was recovered from Lake Chebarkul by astronomers from the Ural Federal University and brought immediately to an undisclosed location for further examination.

News of a strange encryption on a large part of the meteorite indicates that this is no ordinary rock from outer space, but could possibly hold the key to the question “are we alone in the universe?”

The scientists who first discovered the writings, which they are calling space hieroglyphics, say it could be nothing more than etchings from space debris that have mysteriously formed into some type of language. However, until a cryptologist can take a look at the rock and determine if there is any rhyme or reason to the markings, Russian officials are calling the find unremarkable.

If Russian President, Vladimir Putin has his way, however, we may never know what this rock says. Putin has agreed to have the rock, said to be about the size of a Russian wrestler’s fist, blasted to bits and pieces of it given to the winners of gold medals in the Olympics. The scientific community as a whole was aghast at such a proposition given the enormity of such a find.

Said Putin when asked if he would truly endanger the survival of such a message from space for a few lousy space nuggets, he replied simply “da.”

As in da Vinci, perhaps?

PHOTO courtesy of: Cheljabinsk superbolide and meteorites/Svend Buhl

P. Beckert's is one voice vying for frequency room at the top of the opinion dial. Angered and bewildered by many of today’s events, P. Beckert uses humor as a tool to fight against an onslaught of stupidity and ignorance that seems to permeate the airwaves and pollute the sensitivities of a once brilliant nation. You can find more at ISaidLaughDammit.blogspot.com.

23 Responses to “Strange Hieroglyphics Found on Russian Meteorite”

Guess their hockey team won’t be getting a nugget…

2. Svend Buhl says:

please quote the image source. Thank you!

3. Patti Beckert says:

Svend, I am working on it as we speak. I didn't have a source before. Someone else may have posted the same photo without attribution, and I picked up from there. I apologize. I always try and give proper credit or contact owner of photo. I assume it is ok to use your photo with the story? If not, please let me know immediately. You should see attribution within the day. Again, so sorry for the slight. I finally found your website and find it fascinating. Here is the link for anyone else who is interested: http://www.meteorite-recon.com/en/Meteorite_Chelyabinsk_1.html

4. Deeptrout says:

P, is this your article or Argus Hamilton’s? Is AH one of your pen names?

Please elucidate as to what you are referring. Are you saying that I plagiarized an Argus Hamilton story? If so, I’d like to see where you got your information. Argus Hamilton writes on the same site as I, HumorTimes. He did not write this story. I did.

6. Deeptrout says:

At HT the article is attributed to Hamilton.

7. Deeptrout says:

BTW, you haven’t sourced the photo to Sven yet on the article at this site.

8. Deeptrout says:

Just a heads up…

That escalated quickly…

P, I don’t intend on getting into a flame war with you, but can you show me where I’ve criticized anyone on this site, including you? That seems to be the essence of your post.

Again, can you point to where I have been critical of any other writers on the site?

So, when you stated I was going after and being nit picky with other writers, that was a lie?

Believe me P, I’m not stalking you on the net…heheh. I saw an article on HT that was the same as here but attributed to a different author, so I asked.

Have you changed that on HT?

Your welcome.

Oooops…you’re.

Where’s my editor? I’m Gumby dammit!

Can I say dammit?

BTW Vegas has you 5-1 not being done with this thread…

Personally I’m giving 19-2 on the vig.

Yo, deeptrout, you’re looking 16 about now.

Well Kilroy, I could go through P’s several nasty recent attacks on me and refute them line by line, but what’s the use? Shes angry with me because my writing style is a little more open and edgy, so what? Is that something to get bent out of shape about? If she doesn’t like me she can just not read me, I’m not begging her to click on my articles.

Every article that has been posted has gone through editorial scrutiny by Brian as far as I can see, and it’s his site not P’s.

She’s purposely misprinted my name, deep trough, deep troll..who’s the child?

And FWIW I have been deeply offended at some of the unwarranted shit she’s crapped on my porch but have held my tongue because she’s some sort of site princess.