ROCKY MOUNT, NC – A 37-year old unemployed factory worker turned humor blogger is reportedly thrilled by recent praise his previously unknown humor blog has received. Avowed bachelor and longtime fan of Wheel of Fortune, Buford Quigley told reporters today that he is “as happy as a dead pig in sunshine” over the overwhelming positive response his humor blog is receiving – almost exclusively from internet spammers.
Buford’s humor blog is creatively named www.lifeslikeaturkeyshootbybufordquigley.net (apparently the .com version of the domain name was already taken). According to Quigley, until recently his blog received on average seven web site visits a month from people who have actually heard of Mr. Quigley’s site. But apparently his site is now attracting thousands of visits a month from spammers all over the world.
“I’m as happy as a goat in a briar patch about all the nice things my readers have to say about my blog. I have no idea who most of them are, but they sure seem to like my sense of humor,” said a slightly inebriated Quigley when interviewed at his usual breakfast watering hole, Ned’s Suds and Spuds Pancake Emporium.
When asked to share some of the positive comments his humor blog has received, Quigley pulled out a stack of more than 30 pages of comments from spammers from as far away as Jakarta, Indonesia and Sao Paulo, Brazil. Here is a small sampling of some of his favorite comments from spammers singing the praises of his humor blog:
- In response to his post about how drunk he was last Friday night, Denmark’s kobfhoerer-kabellios.shipping.com wrote: “Much appreciated for the information and share!”
- Commenting on Quigley’s recent post about five reasons he wished his ex-girlfriend would die a horribly painful death, Uruguay’s fautenfutter-nas.haustiere-shopping.com/tags/pas gushed, “heya, great blog page, and a very good understand! definitely one to my bookmarks.”
- About his playful rant from last week entitled “Obama is a Communist Terrorist – and I hope he dies a horribly painful death,” he received this glowing praise from a Czech Republic web site called pumps.sneaker-blogs.cz: “I would like to say thanks of you a lot for a work you have made in writing this posting. I am hope to the same most affective work by you later on also.”
- Quigley started to tear up when he read aloud yet another effusive praise in response to his hysterically witty post last month about why he has refused to pay his income taxes since 2003. The spammer, whose web site is vietnamhoney.net/2010/ glowed, “You have really interesting blog, keep up posting such informative posts!”
As the interview was wrapping up and the camera man was attempting to drive out of the parking lot, Quigley ran after the truck continuing to regale this reporter with even more high praise for his humor blog:
- “There’s a terific amount of knolwegde in this artical!” – jojobluebreadmachine.com (Norway)
- “Yeah that’s what I’m tlankig about baby–nice work!“ – alwaysvailhost.ru (Russia)
- “Fine know-how! I have been hunting for everything such as this for quite a while these days. With thanks!” – hustleballschuhe.sneakers.ca/ (Montreal, Canada)
When questioned, Quigley had no idea how Kolbyka Appliances of Gdansk, Poland had become such a fan of his humor blog. “I must say, I am terrible proud that Happy Feet Health Shoes from some place called Johanaburg, South Aferca loves my blog. I will never fergit what they wrote: ’Thank you for the most useful information’ – after readin’ my post about how to remove incriminatin’ bloodstains from yours underwear.”
When asked why he thought his humor blog was receiving so many comments from faraway places like Istanbul and Estonia, Quigley could only conjecture, “I reckon they all recognize quality humor writin’ when they sees it, if’n you ask me.” He went on to say, “I simply can’t count the number of times I’ve gotten comments like ’I did not know that’ or ‘I found your post helpful’ “, further clarifying that the reason was that he simply can’t count. Quigley then wandered off in the direction of a nearby car wash, rambling that he had a great idea for his next humor post – one he was sure that Happy Feet Health Shoes of Johannesburg, South Africa would surely find hysterical.