Washington, DC (SatireWorld.com) – During the hot days of summer, and even hotter presidential race political statements, the foray of barbs, lies, slander and innuendo fly as thick as gnats on a sticky summer’s evening.
Perhaps the funniest is the recent remarks fielded by political hack David Axlerod claiming Barack Obama has maintained a steady-hand at guiding the country through perilous economic times.
– Stupid things said by Mitt Romney
– Stupid things said by Joe Biden
SatireWorld.com has taken a hard look at some of the most memorable past quotes of President Barack Obama to show how out-of-touch the neophyte leader actually is.
Here are a few quotes that capture Obama’s most “outrageous” statements:
1) “When you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.” …Barack Obama speaking in 2008 with Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher (also known as Joe the Plumber).
2) “The Cambridge Police acted stupidly.” …Obama speaking about the 2009 arrest of Henry Louis Gates Jr., a Harvard scholar (this inevitably led to the infamous White House “beer summit”).
3) “Shovel-ready was not as shovel-ready as we expected.” …The president speaking in 2011 in Durham, North Carolina, at Cree Inc. about the challenges surrounding the stimulus bill.
4) “This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.” …Obama caught on a “hot mic” while speaking to Russian President Dmitri Medvedev about the greater abilities he’ll have after a second election.
5) “The private sector’s doing fine.” … The president’s June 2012 claim that America’s private sector is progressing well, despite a continued high unemployment rate.
6) “There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.” …Obama’s now-infamous “you didn’t build that quip” from July 2012.
EDITORS NOTE: Stay tuned for part-two in the series where we explore the many things Mitt Romney has said that prove he is unfit to rule the roost, let alone the most powerful nation on earth.