Packing, unpacking, and moving, in general, can be a very stressful time. And with modern technologies, it is very easy for subtle rogues to fool customers by creating a false website and making them think that they are working with a reliable moving company. To protect your possessions and save a lot of money, you should pay special attention when choosing a mover. We’ve prepared a short list of a few things you can do as a customer to avoid being fooled.
This information will be useful for anyone who is going to move in the near future, no matter whether it is movers in oc, movers in san diego county, or movers in riverside county.
So, let’s get started.
How to Choose a Reliable Moving Company
- American Moving and Storage Association. This is the first and the most important step. Contact the association to check if a moving company or a van line is an official member of it.
- The lowest price. Picking the lowest price isn’t always the best bet, especially with moving companies. In practice, the better services charge more because they are going to be more careful in what they do. Many low price companies change their price list when it comes to actual moving. Thus, you can be stuck in the middle of the moving process, having no time for finding another company. Very often the companies get your stuff loaded and then ask for a higher price. Quality goes hand-in-hand with the price
- Always check how long the chosen company has been in the moving business and how big it is. The old and big companies mean that they are more established and much safer to work with.
- References and feedbacks. Look for some information about your mover on the Internet. Check different websites. Ask for recommendations on Facebook and Twitter. Probably, some of your friends have used or have heard something about this concrete mover.
- Don’t be shy to ask your mover how the staff will be protected on a moving day. Check what kind of packing materials, boxes, and equipment the company uses. The answers should be quick and professional. It is a general information, which you as a customer has the unique right to know.
- Never discuss the moving process on the phone only. A mover should send an employee to your house to give you an accurate estimate. Only after this, he will be able to review everything you’re moving.
- Several companies. Apply for several moving companies and receive estimates from all of them. Thus, you can understand what is fairer. Get estimates from at least 3-4 movers.
- Plan ahead. Don’t leave everything to the last minute. Start searching for a moving company 1 or 2 months in advance.
- Extra charge. Always ask if the company has an extra charge for extra services like moving items up and down stairs.
With a little research will definitely find the best company for your move.