The 4K/UHD podcast is back again this week with with with some more serious, kind of heavy stuff.
All of this is available in UHD on YouTube by searching “Glossy Podcast” or as an MP3 on iTunes by searching “Glossy News”.
Here are the topics covered in the the May 9th, 2016 edition.
* The pill addiction epidemic is sweeping the nation. Poly-drug overdose is killing more young people like Heath Ledger, Brittney Murphy, and most recently, a close friend of mine.
* How to save money on gas using supermarket rewards cards, even if you don’t have one. It’s surprisingly easy.
* Shocking new stats about HIV prevalence among American males, specifically in California, inlcuding some of the richest neighborhoods.
* It looks like I just got an acting job in an upcoming feature-length film… not video, a movie shot on actual film. The director has an actual budget and a YouTube channel with millions of views. I’ll update more later.
* Microsoft isn’t merely offering us all Windows 10 for free, they’re badgering the hell out of us to install it. Is it better? No, they’re not exactly claiming that, but it’s prettier. So based on that we should TOTALLY risk our entire systems just so they can sell us more crap we don’t need.
* Review of the ESPN film “30 for 30: Frightful Lies”. It’s very well made, as all the 30 for 30 series are, but it’s chilling and shocking. The criminal justice system is broken beyond repair when investigators, prosecutors and judges refuse to shut down trials even in the face of clear evidence of innocence.
Listen to it
Watch it on YouTube
Follow me around the web:
Segment bumpers and background music by Greg the Hero Facebook.com/gregtheheromusic. Royalty Free Music “Your Call” and “Funkorama” by Kevin MacLeod — Incompetech.com.